WOW – Mark
Here’s a quick, tasty recipe that fills the plate and hungry tummies. Better still, it makes eight fajitas to feed a family of four, including side salad and guacamole dip, for just £7.15 (£1.79 per person).
We made this as part of a Morrison’s challenge to feed the family for under a tenner, so the majority of the items listed are Morrison’s M Savers brand.
- 2 M Savers peppers 67p (in a £1.68 bag of 5)
- 1 M Savers courgette 50p (in a £1.50 bag of 3)
- 1 M Savers salad onion 15p (in a 1kg bag)
- 2 Morrison’s cloves of garlic 7p (approx. quarter of a 26p bulb)
- 1 Morrison’s fajita kit £2.29 – containing 8 tortillas, 1 sachet of spices and 1 sachet of salsa
- 1 Morrison’s lime 30p
- 1 Morrison’s large avocado £1
- 12 M Savers tomatoes 38p (of a 75p box)
- 1 Morrison’s bag of iceberg lettuce £1
- 55g Discovery soured cream 20p (approx. quarter of a £1 bottle)
- 90g M Savers mature cheese 59p (quarter of a £2.36 block)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil 0p (already in the cupboard)
- Make the guacamole by roughly mashing the avocado, squeezing in a splash of lime juice (to taste) and stirring in a dash of the salsa
- To make the fajita mix, de-seed the peppers and slice them into long thin strips
- Halve the courgette and slice into thin strips
- Roughly chop the onion and garlic
- Heat 2tbsp of oil in a heavy gauge pan
- Tip in the veggies and sprinkle over the spices
- Fry on a medium-high heat until the seasoning tastes cooked but the veggies still have bite
- Grate the cheese
- Place all 8 tortillas and on a microwavable plate and zap for 45 seconds
- Serve the veggies to the table with the tortilla, cheese, salsa, sour cream, guacamole, halved tomatoes and lettuce
- Let everyone construct their own!
Disclosure: Morrison’s send us £35 in shopping vouchers, a little kit or cooking utensils and set us the challenge of feeding a family of four for under a tenner. All posts are 100% honest.