You’re going to grow so big and strong, mummy! – JD, 4
A rather unusual one this – best served, I think, with a really crispy crumpet. It’s healthy too – a perfect breakfast treat.
- 50g blueberries
- 50g raspberries
- 150g strawberries, halved (or quartered if large)
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 4 crumpets (we used Warbutons)
- 4 tbsp natural yoghurt
- 4 tbsp runny honey
- Put the fruit in a pan with the orange juice and sugar
- Bring to the boil then simmer for a few minutes until the raspberries fall apart
- Toast the crumpets well (resist the urge to smother in butter)
- Put a large spoonful of the fruit mix over each crumpet
- Top with a 1 tbsp dollop of natural yoghurt per crumpet
- Finish with a 1tbsp drizzle of runny honey per crumpet
- Eat immediately!
This recipe was tweaked by me but provided by Warburtons, who are running a two-week Hi-Taste, Lo-Fat eating plan.
Disclosure: Warburtons sent me some breads to test their eating plan. No payment was received. All posts are 100% honest.