It smells nice, mummy, but it’s too spicy for me – JD, 4
This week I was set a challenge, could I cook something seriously yummy with Tenderstem Broccoli using no more than ten ingredients and in under ten minutes? I gave it a go, despite the fact that the cupboards were almost bare, and somehow managed to make a whole meal in seven minutes with seven steps and seven ingredients.
So here’s my super speedy recipe for vegetable and pine nut extra spicy spinach noodles – serves two as a main or four as a side / starter.
- 4-6 Tenderstem Broccoli florets (they vary a little in size)
- 1 red pepper
- 1/2 tin of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1tbsp sunflower oil
- 1tsp pine nuts
- 2 blocks of Tiger Tiger Spinach Flavour Noodles (they’re just wheat flour, spinach and salt)
- 20 half-turns of Chef Kuo Hot Chilli & Garlic Grinder
- In a pan of boiling water, set the noodles cooking – they’ll need 5 minutes
- Warm 1 tsp of sunflower oil in a heavy guage pan on a medium-high heat
- De-seed and julienne the red pepper
- Chop half the stems of the broccoli
- Add to the pan, add the bring the heat down a little and fry for 2 minute
- Throw in the chick peas and pine nuts and fry for a further 1 minute until everything is cooked through but still has bite
- Drain the noodles, stir into the veg and serve
Phew! All done in seven minutes and seriously yum. The fennel and ginger in the milled seasoning gives a lovely varied flavour while the chilli gives plenty of heat.
Disclosure: we were sent two packs of Tenderstem broccoli, a kitchen timer, a little booklet of recipe ideas and a notepad for the purposes of this challenge. No payment was received and all posts are 100% honest.