It tastes like a bit like cake – JD, 4
This scrummy cinnamon toast recipe serves two and makes for a pretty healthy breakfast as there’s only a smidge of fat and a dusting of sugar.
- 2 slices of wholegrain bread (we used Warburtons Wholegrain)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp of semi-skimmed milk (or soya milk)
- 2 tsp of icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of sunflower oil
- 1 tsp knob of butter
- Whisk together the egg and milk
- Cut the bread diagonally into quarters
- Heat the oil and butter in a frying pan
- Dip the bread in the egg mix and put straight into the pan
- Fry until speckled brown on both sides
- Turn onto kitchen paper
- Mix together the icing sugar and cinnamon and dust over the toast
- Serve with fresh fruits and a glass of orange juice
This recipe is inspired by Warburtons, who are running a two-week Hi-Taste, Lo-Fat eating plan.
Disclosure: Warburtons sent me some breads to test their eating plan. No payment was received. All posts are 100% honest.