Can I have three for dessert? – JD, 4
I’ve just started working with Morrisons, trying out summer recipes that cost as little as possible using their M Savers range.
This weekend we made these little fruity cornflake cakes that cost just 5p per bite (81p for 16 bites) and are great for taking on a picnic.
- 100g M Savers Milk Chocolate
- 1 tbsp semi skimmed milk
- 50g M Savers Cornflakes
- 70g M Savers Dried Apricots
- Melt the chocolate
- Warm the milk to room temperature and beat into the chocolate
- Snip the apricots up roughly and stir into the chocolate
- Stir in the cornflakes
- Spoon 16 equally size clumps onto a greaseproof tray
- Leave somewhere cool to harden for an hour
- Store in an airtight container
Easy, yummy, fun!
I’ll be posting more recipes throughout the month using the Morrisons M Savers range to make the family budget go further. Meanwhile, check out the M Savers Summer website for low cost and free entertainment ideas, an interactive play area map, plus quick and low-cost family favourite recipe ideas from as little as 19p per portion.
Disclosure: Morrisons are currently sponsoring me to get creative with their M Savers range and recipes. All posts are 100% honest.