It smells like a kebab shop, only nice – me
In a departure from my staple of veggie recipes, I decided to try out this lamb burger for Mark and JD – it’s a lovely summer meal, made from lean mince so it would probably cook well on the BBQ too.
This recipe feeds four.
- 500g lean lamb mince
- 100g Feta cheese
- ¼ tsp ground paprika
- 3-4 tbsp flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1 garlic clove
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- ¼ tsp cumin powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 bread rolls
- 1 pack of potato wedges (we used McCain Slightly Spicy Wedges with ours, or you could make your own)
- Mixed salad
- Put the mince, feta (crumbled), paprika, parsley (chopped), allspice, garlic (finely chopped), lemon zest, cumin and seasoning into a large bowl
- Mix well until it all comes together
- Split the mixture into four balls, place on a non-stick baking tray and press each one down slightly
- Cook under a medium grill for 8 minutes, turning once
- Serve hot on crusty rolls, topped with a little salad, with a side of potato wedges or even this wedge salad
This recipe is from McCain’s Summer of Sharing website, which contains lots of recipes, party tips and games.
Disclosure: No payment was received for this post. McCain sent me some ingredients and recipes to test and adapt. All posts are 100% honest and all food posts are (hopefully) very tasty.