Oh, now I HAVE to go and buy ice cream, what a shame – me
I’ve been baking a lot recently. With Miss J unwell it’s incredibly therapeutic to hit the kitchen and make something quick and yummy. I just need to watch my waistline so I’ve been giving many of my creations away to friends, relatives, neighbours and colleagues.
This recipe for puff pastry apple tart is easy, makes two and is just perfect for serving in the afternoon with a generous pot of tea.
- 2 red, crisp apples
- 50g muscovado light brown unrefined cane sugar
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 sheet of puffy pastry (1/2 a ready roll pack)
- Core the apples, halve and then slice thinly (just a couple of mm ideally)
- Toss in the lemon juice, sugar and cinnamon until well combined
- Unroll one sheet of puff pastry and slice lengthways to give two thin pieces
- For each piece of pastry, line the slices up along the length, overlapping as in the picture above
- Bake side by side at 220C (200C fan assisted) for 20-25 minutes until well cooked and puffed up all around the edges
- Cool then dust with icing sugar before serving
It’s tasty warm with custard, ice cream, or cold with a cup of tea. How will you eat yours?