Perfect – Mark
Today, in a rare departure from the veggie theme, I’m bringing you a recipe from McCain, who were kind enough to ship all the ingredients over to me just in time for dinner, so how could I refuse?
Mark was most pleased with the meaty, chunky result so I think that makes it worth sharing.
Here’s what to do…
- 2 jacket potatoes (either freshly made or McCain Ready Baked Jackets)
- 150g chorizo cooking sausage
- 150g fresh cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt & pepper to season
- Cook two baked potatoes (McCain Ready Baked Jackets only take 8 minutes for 2 and tastes baked, though a little floury)
- Chop the chorizo sausage into chunky slices then heat in a dry pan until the oil is released
- De-seed the pepper and cut into stripes, halve the tomatoes and to the pan with the parsley and seasoning
- When the potatoes are cooked, open slightly and top with the chorizo and juicy tomato sauce
I found that a considerable amount of oil came out of the sausage, so you really don’t need any butter on the spud, but we did later try adding cheese and putting the whole thing back in the oven to melt, which worked very well.
Quick, simple, tasty – even a veggie could make it ;)
Disclosure: we were sent the ingredients and recipe for this meal by McCain. No payment was received for this post. All posts are 100% honest.