Mmmmm – Miss J, 1
If you’ve ever looked on the back of a cereal packet, you’ll know that most are packed with salt, sugar and a host of artificial colours, flavours and preservatives – not nice.
Ella’s Kitchen’s new breakfast range, however, is 100% organic and contains just simple ingredients like oats, rice and flour with nothing else added. No added refined sugar or salt. No additives or thickeners. No GM.
The range includes:
- Wakey Wakey Baby Porridge (RRP £2.19, 125g pouch) – plain, smooth cereal made from rice and oat flour.
- Wakey Wakey Mango + Apple Baby Porridge (RRP £2.29, 125g pouch) – the same cereal, but with dried pureed fruit
- Wakey Wakey Strawberry, Mango + Banana Porridge (RRP £2.49, 150g pouch) – the same again, but with slightly more texture for older eaters
- Wakey Wakey Banana Porridge (RRP £2.49, 150g pouch) – the same again, but with little bits of banana, though not lumpy
- Wakey Wakey Round Ones (RRP £2.19 for 46g pouch) – very like large Cheerios, these are multigrain Os that soften easily in cold milk
So how do they taste? Really good, actually – sweet and wholesome without any bitterness. Miss J seems to really like them and I would happily eat them for my breakfast too.
I’m also rather keen on the packaging – every item in the range comes in easy to pour, resealable pouches – you just have to add milk. And the plastic is free from Bisphenol A and Phthalates too.
All in all, a fabulous range and now a firmly established part of our breakfast routine.
Disclosure: we were sent some Wakey Wakey cereals to try for the purposes of this review. No payment was received for this post. All posts are 100% honest.