Can I weigh the peas? – JD, 5
You may have noticed I’m posting a lot of evening family meal recipes this week…yep, you’ve rumbled me, I have been drawn in by the hype and started meal planning. On Sunday, I planned and shopped for the whole week ahead. It was immediately clear how much money it would save us by only ordering what we’d need, so I think I’m hooked.
Today’s recipe is another super quick family meal – it’s fresh tasting (thanks to the peas and pesto) and very warming (thanks to the pasta and potatoes). Ready in just 20 minutes, this recipe feeds four.
- 300g pasta
- 300g baby new potatoes
- 150g frozen petis pois
- 190g jar of of green pesto
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- few shavings of grana padano cheese, parmesan, or a veggie hard cheese alternative
- Halve the new potatoes, put in a pan and cover with cold water
- Bring to the boil then cover and simmer for 20 minutes
- Half way into the cooking time, put another pan of boiling water on and add the pasta
- 5 minutes before the end of the cooking time, add the peas to the pasta water
- Drain everything, crush the potatoes a little, then stir together
- Stir in the pesto, dish up and drizzle with the olive oil
- Top with a few shavings of cheese and serve with a fresh mixed salad
This was a big hit and really filling – definitely one we’ll be making again, particularly as it needs so little work and tastes great.