They’re so good I almost dropped my playdough – JD, 5
I was working at a well known blogging event this weekend, so I’m a bit late with #recipeofthe week. Hope you’ll still join in – the linky is down the bottom of this post, but first I wanted to share with you this easy recipe for elderflower sugar cookies. It’s so simple the kids will love getting involved and the elderflower gives the finished cookies a deliciously unique flavour.
This recipe makes 60 ultra-sweet, crisp cookies. Perfect for dunking in tea.
- 500g white sugar
- 375g margarine (we used Pure vegan margarine)
- 6 tsp baking powder
- 120ml milk (we used sweetened soya milk)
- 4 tsp elderflower cordial – we used Bottle Green, which is really quite strong, so the flavour will really come through
- 500g plain plour
- Beat together the margarine and sugar until light and fluffy
- Beat in the milk and cordial
- Stir in the flour and baking powder and mix gently until combined
- Put rounded teaspoons of mixture at least 2 inches apart on a greaseproof paper lined baking tray (I put the mixture in a piping back and piped 50p sized blobs)
- Bake at 190C (170C fan assisted) for just 8-10 minutes until the biscuits turn light golden
- Allow to cool slightly on the tray before transferring to a wire rack to cool
You know you want to try them!
Big thanks to Chez Bettay – I used her vegan sugar cookie recipe as the starting point for this recipe.
Add your #recipeoftheweek
Do you have a recipe to share? Here’s the place you can do it! Pick one from the past week, or any time at all. Meaty, vegan, fatty, low-calorie – all recipes are welcome, just as long as you haven’t linked them up to #recipeoftheweek before.
You share the goods, then I generally go round reading, commenting, Stumbling, Pinning and drooling over everyone’s entries. It’s that simple. So just link up below and let’s share the love.
- Link up your post using the Linky tool below
- Add the “Recipe of the Week” badge to your post so that readers can find other great recipes.
- Take a little time to read and comment on each other’s recipes.
- Come back next Saturday and we’ll do it all over again.
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.amummytoo.co.uk/2013/06/elderflower-sugar-cookies-recipe" target="_blank" rel="nofollow"><img alt="Link up your recipe of the week" src="http://www.amummytoo.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/recipe-of-the-week.png" /></a></div>
Disclosure: we were sent some Bottle Green Elderflower cordial for review and used it in this recipe. All posts are 100% honest. No payment was received for this post.