Oooh, store-bee! – Miss J,1
We’ve been enjoying the sunshine this weekend, which has been thirsty work and called for milkshakes! This recipe makes enough for two large sundae-style glasses of milkshake, and with 200g of strawberries per glass, I’m pretty sure it’ll count as one of your five a day.
Here’s what to do…
- 400g fresh strawberries
- 225g vanilla ice cream
- Wash and top the strawberries (save 2 for later)
- Chuck them in the blender (we used our Vitamix) and whiz until smooth
- Add the ice cream and whiz again until it has an even pink colour
- Pour carefully into the glasses and add a straw to each
- Grab the two strawberries you saved earlier and make a slit from the tip to 3/4 of the way up
- Attach the strawberries to the side of the glass
Simple, refreshing, delicious. If you wanted, you could add sugar or syrup, but I don’t think it needs it as the strawberries are so sweet this time of year.
Add your #recipeoftheweek
Do you have a recipe to share? Here’s the place you can do it! Pick one from the past week, or any time at all. Meaty, vegan, fatty, low-calorie – all recipes are welcome, just as long as you haven’t linked them up to #recipeoftheweek before.
You share the goods, then I generally go round reading, commenting, Stumbling, Pinning and drooling over everyone’s entries. It’s that simple. So just link up below and let’s share the love.
- Link up your post using the Linky tool below
- Add the “Recipe of the Week” badge to your post so that readers can find other great recipes.
- Take a little time to read and comment on each other’s recipes.
- Come back next Saturday and we’ll do it all over again.
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.amummytoo.co.uk/2013/07/two-ingredient-strawberry-milkshake-recipeofthweek" target="_blank" rel="nofollow"><img alt="Link up your recipe of the week" src="http://www.amummytoo.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/recipe-of-the-week.png" /></a></div>