Woo, that’s got a KICK – me
I’m all about spice at the moment, so when the kids wanted sausage, mash and veg for tea, I waited until they were in bed, got out my trusty blogging notebook and curled up with a new cookbook and a big bowl of mushroomy, noodley Thai-style soup.
This recipe makes one HA-UGE portion, or 2-3 more sensibly size ones.
- 1 tsp ground nut oil or sunflower oil
- 150g baby button mushrooms
- 150g ready to fry rice noodles (I used a pack of Amoy Straight to Wok Rice Noodles)
- 1 small handful of frozen sweetcorn
- 1tsp minced garlic in oil (I used Just Add Garlic)
- 1-2 rounded tsp of minced chilli in oil (I used Just Add Chilli)
- 40g green curry paste (Thai Taste is vegan)
- 90ml pure coconut milk
- 150ml water
- Warm the oil in a pan over a medium heat
- Wipe the mushrooms and add to the pan
- Stir and add the chilli and garlic, fry until it starts to stick to the pan but don’t let it burn
- Chuck in 2-3 tbsp of the water to loosen it up, then add the curry paste and fry for a further minute
- Add the coconut milk and the rest of the water and give it a good stir
- Chuck in the noodles but DON’T STIR or they’ll break up before they’re soft
- Sprinkle in the sweetcorn and bring up slowly to just before boiling
- At this point, give it a stir check if the sweetcorn is cooked and the sauce has thickened just enough to thinly coat a spoon – when it is, you’re done!