More soup, pleeeeease – Miss J, 1
I’ve discovered a recipe that both kids will happily eat and it’s packed with vitamins. Hurrah! It’s really easy to make – even easier still if you have a soup maker, which I’ll tell you about at the end.
Feeds at least 4.
- 350g broccoli (2 large florets)
- 300g sweet potato (1 large or 2 medium)
- 100g courgette
- 1 litre boiling water
- 2 crumbled vegetable stock cubes
- Roughly chop the broccoli, discarding the woody stalk
- Peel and roughly chop the sweet potato in 1 inch pieces
- Dice the courgette
- Pop everything in a large saucepan with the water and stock cubes
- Cover and simmer for about 20-30 minutes or until everything is nice and soft
- Whiz with a hand blender or in the food processor, add extra water if you prefer it thinner, whiz again and serve
OR if you have a soup maker, just follow to step 3, then chuck all the ingredients in to the soup maker, replace the lid and press ‘smooth’ – check out the Morphy Richards Soup Maker we’ve been reviewing – you can win one too!