Last month, I hosted the October #ExtraVeg challenge, inviting food bloggers to submit their best ideas for getting extra portions of veg into their meals.
Here’s a round up of those brilliant suggestions. There’s something for everyone!
1. Green Bean & Caramelised Onion Chutney
2. Roasted Rainbow Carrots with Halloumi & Carrot Top
3. Sausage and Sweet Potato Skillet Supper
4. The Crafty Larder: 10-Minute Cauliflower Rice
5. Coriander & coconut vegetable curry
6. Carrot & Beetroot Cake (RSF, DF, GF)
7. Pumpkin Spice Latte with Pumpkin Seed Milk (Vegan)
8. Halloween Pumpkin, Ginger and Orange Traybake
9. Creamy Butternut Squash and Tomato Soup
10. Ottolenghi’s Miso-Braised Cabbage
11. Slow Cooker Apple Pie Chilli
12. Quick and Easy Broccoli and Chorizo Mac and Cheese
13. Cauliflower Tabouli | Searching for Spice
14. Warm Rice & Quinoa Salad with Pan Fried Tofu
15. White chocolate, beetroot and cardamom mousse
16. Patty Pan, Carrot, Pine nut & Cheese muffins (GF)
17. FacelessFood’s Spicy Vegetable & Bean Burgers
18. Stir fry vegetable soup
19. Quick Risotto-Stuffed Vegetables
20. Chocolate Pecan Pumpkin Cake
21. Gorgonzola and Leek Risotto
22. Roasted Butternut Squash,Apple, Pecan cake w/maple
23. Butternut Squash, Black Garlic & Blue Cheese Bake
24. Lancashire Food: Rustic courgette bake
As part of the challenge, we also offered entrants the chance to win an amazing veg box from Wholegood, the London-based organic fruit and vegetable supplier. I’ll be announcing the winner soon!
That’s it for now and don’t forget to visit Helen over at Fuss Free Flavours for the November challenge.