Banana and coconut is a wonderful flavour combination, and when you add honey and oats into the mix, it makes for a dreamy banana granola that’s far simpler and quicker to prepare than you might think.
It’s also far healthier than most packet cereals and comes in at a fraction of the cost of shop-bought granola, so why not give this easy and truly delicious recipe a go?
- 250g (9 oz) jumbo oats
- 50g (2 oz) banana chips, roughly broken into 1-2cm pieces
- 25g (1 oz) coconut chunks or dried slithers
- 6 tbsp runny honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil, coconut oil or sunflower oil (plus a little for greasing)
- Preheat the oven to 180C (160C fan assisted). In a bow, mix all of the ingredients together until evenly combined.
- Press the mix into a greased tray. The idea with this granola is to get nice clusters at the end.
- Bake for 15-20 until lightly browned. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely, then break up into 1-2.5cm pieces. Store in an airtight container to keep it fresh.
I like mine with yoghurt and a little fresh fruit, but it’s equally delicious with a splash of ice cold milk. How will you eat yours?
Pin this recipe for later – just hover over the image below until you see the Pin It button!
This recipe originally appeared on Avon and has been rehomed here. Do check out my Avon food blog – I pop a new recipe up over there about twice a month.