These strawberry pink cupcakes are made with vanilla pink sponge, cream cheese and strawberry jam frosting, sprinkles and some cute cake toppers that you can download and print for yourself at the end of this post.
So, if you want to make these Valentine’s cupcakes as a gift for the love of your life, read on!
For the sponges (makes 6 large cupcakes, or you could probably stretch to 9-12 smaller cakes):
- 200g caster sugar
- 200g self raising flour
- 2 medium eggs
- 150g slightly salted butter
- 2 tbsp whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3-4 drops red food colouring gel
For the frosting:
- 125g cream cheese
- 60g strawberry jam
- 650g icing sugar
- 1 tbsp milk, if needed
- Sprinkles (optional)
1. Put all the sponge ingredients except the food colouring into a large bowl.
2. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
3. Fold in the food colouring drop by drop until you have a suitably pink mix.
4. Spoon the batter into a 6-hole muffin tray lined with large muffin cases.
5. Bake at 170C (190C fan) for 25-30 minutes until golden on top (they’ll still be pink inside). Leave to cool completely.
6. Beat the jam and cream cheese together with a fork until well combined.
7. Beat the cream cheese mix into the icing sugar until it’s light and fluffy. If it’s too thick, add a few drops of milk.
8. Spoon the mix into a frosting bag fitted with a star nozzle and pipe evenly onto the cakes.
9. Add sprinkles and toppers if you wish! You can download the toppers shown below.
Grab the free printable
To download the printable cupcake toppers, as well as some lovely little gift tags, just click on the image below to access the high res version to save and print.
To make the toppers, just cut them out, fold in half and glue closed with a clean toothpick or cocktail in place. Leave to dry and they’re ready to use.
Happy Valentine’s Day!