Stuck in a ‘beer or wine’ rut? TheBar.com are on a mission to shake up the nation’s drinking habits and I’ve taken on the challenge to ‘Shake It Up’ with this delicious whisky and ginger cocktail.
- 4 glassfuls of ice
- 200ml (6.75 fl oz) whisky
- 800ml (27 fl oz) ginger ale
- 1 lime
- Stack each glass full of ice
- Share the whisky equally between four glasses
- Top equally with the ginger ale and a squeeze of lime
- Finish each with a lime wedge
The recipe was dreamt up by drinks gurus Tom Soden and Frankie Campopiano AKA ‘The Cocktail Crashers’. Check out what they’ve been up to, shaking up what starts out as an average British BBQ…
We drove out to my mum’s this weekend to catch up with family and grabbed the chance to enjoy cocktails in the garden. It was quick and easy to put them together and helped make the weekend really special.
And don’t you love the Shake It Up jars? You can find them in supermarkets, bars and events this summer as part of TheBar.com’s summer activities, while stocks last. I found them in Sainsbury’s for £5 each, but FREE with every purchase of Smirnoff, Gordons or Captain Morgan. Awesome.
The cool thing is you don’t need any special equipment or skills, so like us you can try these out pretty much anywhere – just pour, mix and enjoy.
Why not give some of the cocktails a try for yourself and share your pics on Twitter or Instagram tagged #letscocktail? You could even win prizes like cocktail trollies or a home cocktail kit from TheBar.com (T&Cs apply).
Enjoy, and check out more cocktails over on these blogs:
- Very berry G&T – Cook Sister
- Spiced mojito – Maison Cupcake
- Elderflower coconut gin martini – Fuss Free Flavours
- Mojito – Jo’s Kitchen
- No problemo spiced mojito – Coffee and Vanilla
- Raspberry collins – Jen’s Food
- Pimms and lemonade – Recipes from a Pantry
- Cucumber gin & tonic – Veggie Desserts
This is a commissioned post for TheBar.com, who also supplied the recipes, jars and ingredients.