It’s easy to lose track of how much you’re spending when out shopping for things you love.
Just a little treat for the kids, maybe a new set of mugs because the old set is chipped, ooh that’s a great price…whether it’s a jacket you’ve been staring at in a shop window for the past few weeks or that impulse purchase on the way to the checkout, your tightly controlled budget can quickly be forgotten – and this doesn’t just happen on the high street.
With months of darker, colder evenings ahead, it can become all too easy for energy bills to rise far beyond the expected – especially as there’s no price tag to keep you in check.
To show you just how difficult it can be to keep a track of your spending without any idea of how much things cost, I’ve been on a little shopping trip. I went round several shops and while picking up my essentials, I also threw a whole load of ‘impulse buys’ into my basket.
Below is a closer look at my haul and what I’d like you to do is tell me how much you think the total price comes to.
It might inspire you to think about ways to keep an eye on your own spending, and to make things extra interesting, the person whose guess is closest to the correct total (that is, the exact total price I paid for all of these items on the day I bought them) will win THE WHOLE HAUL!
Here we go. Calculators at the ready!
Ready to make your guess? Use the widget below to enter. Good luck!
Thankfully, for those of you wanting to get a grip on how much you spend on energy, help is at hand.
E.ONs smart pay as you go meter allows you to keep tight control on how much you spend on energy by showing exactly how much you’re using in real time.
All of which means you’ll have some extra cash to spend on the things you really love…
Terms and conditions
- The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- Open to UK mainland residents aged 18 and over.
- Competition is closed to employees and relatives of A Mummy Too and E.ON.
- The competition opening date is 8am (GMT) 7th December, and the closing date for entries is 8pm .(GMT) 14th December.
- One entry per person.
- Entrants must log into Rafflecopter and complete their details, including submitting their estimate of the total amount the items shown come to.
- Optional bonus entry methods are to tweet about the giveaway, follow @amummytoo on Twitter, follow @eonenergyuk on Twitter.
- The winner will be the entrant whose guess is closest to the haul amount as paid on the day they were bought.
- In the event of a tie, the winner will be selected at random from the tied entries (including those entrants’ bonus entries) using random.org.
- The winner’s name will be available on request.
- By entering this competition participants consent to their full name being available by request from A Mummy Too.
- The prize will be sent within 28 days of receipt of the winner’s address.
- E.ON reserves the right to amend or withdraw the competition at any time without notice or liability
- Entry to this competition confirms that participants have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- This competition is governed by the laws of England and any dispute shall be governed by the English courts.