I’m going to make the spookiest pumkin ever! – JD, 4
Woooo (and BOO!) it’s almost 31st October. It’s truthfully one of our very favourite times of year.
We love all the craft and imagination that goes with Halloween, so today we made spooky orange play dough.
We’ve made this recipe for years but I couldn’t quite remember the quantities so we found them here and this is what we did:
- 285g flour
- 340g salt
- 480ml water
- 1 tsp / sachet cream of tartar
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp natural red food colouring
- 2 tbsp natural yellow food colouring
1. Put all the dry ingredients in a large pan and stir well
2. Add the wet ingredients and mix well to get rid of the lumps (it doesn’t matter if it’s a little bit lumpy)
4. Scoop out onto greaseproof and allow to cool a little
And that’s it – your spooky playdough is ready to play with!
We then set to work cutting out shapes with the Halloween cookie cutters we got from Lakeland last year.
When you’ve finished, just store in an airtight container to stop it drying out.
Easy peasy and just a little bit scary!