*gasp* I will have been off school since LAST YEAR! – JD, 6
I am really looking forward to welcoming the new year with my growing family. We don’t have a sitter so won’t be going out, instead we’ll be nipping to a friend’s for fireworks, and then cuddling up at home to wait for the chimes.
I asked on Twitter what you’ll be doing to make New Year’s Eve with the family special, here’s what was suggested – there are some great ideas here!
- Cocktails for kids: Even though the kids won’t be drinking alcohol serve their drinks in posh glasses/cups with umbrellas – they will love it! – @TheMinisAndMe
- Movie night: Telly, sweets, crisps, cuddles, duvet – @DaveChapman83
- Take in a show: My favorite family New Year’s Eve was when we went to the cinema together and then nice food after – @hellonw78; go to the theatre – @The40yearold; panto – @debsthelawyer
- A two-part party: An early New Year’s Eve party for the littlies at 6pm with wine (apple juice) to toast the new year – @hurrahforgin
- Share it with other families: disco-ing from early till late with other families where all kids slowly hit the pre-prepared sacks upstairs! – @TanyaHaffnerRD
- Have a night off cooking: fireworks and take away – @dietitianUK
- Call the relatives: Ring grandparents and aunts and uncles and get z to wish them a “Happy New Year and see you next year”. They love it – @NotMyYearOff
- A good luck meal: We have a nice meal together (black-eyed beans for luck) & do a little countdown before they go to bed, with party poppers etc! – @MummyZen
- Reminisce: Review of the year. Get everyone to do their top five highlight – @MiddleAgedCred
- Create a book of memories: How about making a surprise photo album of the year gone by? – @BabyBudgeting
- Create a wall hanging: Back of a roll of wallpaper or other big paper, write/draw as a family events and special memories through the year – @caffein
- Games night: We used to play old board games & snuggle up in bed together for the bells – @Freycob; we are having a games night with a buffet – @Missamanda77
- Safe celebrations: Indoor fireworks at midnight! – @AnnaGreathead
- Dinner party: A family dinner, where you all dress up – @SayingGoodbyeUK
Happy New Year!