How many would be considered greedy? – me
This recipe for vegetarian meatballs in the hole isn’t technical, it isn’t high brow, it might not even be very pretty but ohhhh boy, it’s tasty. And it’s really quick because it uses frozen veggie meatballs.
Here’s what to do to make a dish that serves four…
- 3 free range eggs, beaten
- 200ml double cream
- 65ml water
- 120g plain flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 pack of frozen veggie meat balls
- 1.5 tbsp oil
- Preheat the oven to 230C
- Heat the oil in a large, deep roasting tin
- Whisk together the wet ingredients
- Put the flour and salt in a separate bowl, then make a well and gradually add the wet mix to avoid lumps, beating well to be sure the batter is completely combined
- Spread the meatballs evenly in the bottom of the roasting tin
- Pour the batter into the tin
- Bake for 20-25 until risen and golden brown
Serve with roast potatoes, peas and lashings of vegetarian gravy. Perfectly fun family food.
And if you fancy making your own veggie meatballs from scratch, please subscribe as I’ll be posting a recipe very soon.