It takes just 20 minutes to whip up this deliciously spicy salmon noodle soup.
It’s made with The Saucy Fish Co Salmon with Chilli, Lime and Ginger dressing, grilled and placed on a bed of sesame, ginger and garlic noodle soup, packed with stir-fried green veg. All of the flavours marry up perfectly, which is at the core of The Saucy Fish Co’s ethos – simple flavours that are amazing together.
Here’s how to make it…
- 1.5 tbsp chestnut oil
- 2 packs of Saucy Fish Co Salmon with Chilli Lime and Ginger dressing
- 100g (3.5 oz) sugar snap peas
- 125g (4.5 oz) baby leeks
- 100g (3.5 oz) dwarf beans
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 red chilli
- 100g (3.5 oz) babycorn
- 1 litre (34 fl oz) vegetable stock
- 400g (14 oz) egg noodles
- 2 large pak choi
- 150g mixed sweet baby peppers
- 25g (1oz) sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tsp soft light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 spring onion
- Put the salmon on a tray and cook for 12 minutes under a medium grill, as per the packet instructions - it's that simple.
- Heat the chestnut oil over a medium high heat in a large wok.
- Shred the sugar snap peas, baby leeks, dwarf beans, two cloves of garlic, and the deseeded chilli finely (I used a food processor with a slicing blade for this) and then add to the wok.
- Stir fry for a few minutes until starting to colour, then halve the baby corn lengthways, add to the pan and fry for another couple of minutes.
- Add the stock, egg noodles, trimmed and washed pak choi, deseeded and roughly chopped baby peppers, and bring to a simmer for a few minutes until the noodles are just cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a pestle and mortar, grind the sesame seeds, dark soy, sugar and garlic together until you have a coarse paste.
- Stir the sesame mix through the noodles and serve into bowl.
- Top with the salmon (there are 2 portions per pack) and drizzle with the Chilli Lime and Ginger dressing
- To finish, finely slice the spring onion and sprinkle on top.
This is a commissioned post for The Saucy Fish Co.