This is a beautiful sandwich for summer. The creamy Leerdammer swiss cheese, flavourful Quorn and sweet, sharp balsamic strawberries come together in a taste explosion that’s utterly delicious.
- 4 strawberries
- Salt and pepper
- A slug of balsamic glaze
- 1 foot long baguette
- 3 slices of Swiss Cheese (I used Leerdammer Light, which has 50% less fat than cheddar)
- A few leaves of basil, or lettuce
- Preheat the oven to 180C fan.
- Hull the strawberries, then cut into quarters (or halves if small) and place on a baking tray.
- Season well with salt and pepper, then drizzle with a good slug of balsamic glaze.
- Mix with your hands, then place in the oven for about 10 minutes until the glaze bubbles. Set aside to cool.
- Slice the baguette lengthways and top with the slices of cheese, followed by the Quorn, then the strawberries, then the basil or lettuce.
- Serve whole for a hearty treat, or slice into quarters to share.
All this week, I’m using Leerdammer cheese to create a series of delicious, easy to prepare sandwiches. Come back tomorrow for more ideas!
This is a commissioned post for Leerdammer