Here’s the perfect drink and snack combination for a summer’s day. The ginger float is made with loads of ice cream, topped up with ginger beer and drizzled with toffee sauce. It’s so, so delicious.
I used Cawston Press Ginger Beer, which is new to their range and has a warm ginger flavour, crisped up with apple juice.
And these chewy, soft little raspberry cookie bites are the perfect accompaniment.
They’re made with fresh raspberries and drizzled with a frosting made with a splash of Cawston Elderflower Lemonade. Yum!
Here’s how to make them.
- 110g slightly salted butter, softened
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 medium free range egg
- seeds from 1 vanilla pod
- 250g self raising flour
- 100g raspberries
- 3.5 tbsp lemonade (I used Cawston Press Elderflower Lemonade)
- 115g icing sugar
- 3 scoops of ice cream per person
- ½-1 can of ginger beer per person (I used Cawston Ginger Beer)
- Toffee sauce
- Preheat the oven to 200C (180C fan)
- Beat the butter, eggs, sugar and vanilla together until fluffy
- Beat in the raspberries and 2.5 tbsp of the lemonade (the raspberries will break up)
- Fold in the flour
- Spoon blobs of mix into the greased mini muffin tin (do not fill ⅔ like you would with cakes - you want little cookie bites, not cakes!)
- Bakes for 8-10 minutes until just turning golden
- Cool completely on a wire rack
- Mix the remaining tbsp of lemonade with the icing sugat until smooth
- Transfer to a small piping bag and snip off the very end, then pipe zig zags on top of the cookies
- Put two scoops into a tall glass.
- Top up with ginger beer slowly, until it froths up to the top.
- Balance the final scoop on top.
- Drizzle with toffee sauce to finish.
Let me know if you try them – and don’t forget to pin for later!
Ginger Beer and Elderflower Lemonade will join Cloudy Apple and Rhubarb in the line-up of adult sparkling drinks from Cawston Press and will be available at Waitrose and Ocado (in a six pack, RRP £4.99) and as individual 330ml cans in Pod, Whole Foods Market, As Nature Intended and Planet Organic (RRP 99p ea.), plus all good independent retailers.
This is a commissioned recipe for Cawston Press.