A very merry unbirthday! – me
I’d been saving a load of party kit for a special occasion until one day, we realised we didn’t need to wait! We grabbed our chance and had an ‘unbirthday party’, just because. It cost under £60 for 8 and was loads of fun.
From Tiger Feet, we had previous ordered around £50 of supplies:
- Dino Birthday Party Pack for 8 people £5.25
- 8 Dino Birthday Party Hats £1.55
- 8 Dino Birthday Loot Bags £0.90
- 8 Dino Birthday Party Invitations £1.35
- Dino Birthday Party Game £1.26
- Red With Black Dots 11″ Latex Balloons 25pk £8.85
- Assorted Cute & Cuddly Dinosaurs Latex Balloons 6pk £1.75
- White Embossed Cupcake Boxes 8pk x 2 £7.10
- Edible Cute Animals Cake Decorations 4pk x 4 £6.36
- Critters Premium Cupcake Cases 36pk £1.29
- Edible Rainbow Dust Silver Stars £4.89
- Dinosaur Party Lunch Boxes – 6pk £2.49
We started with salad sandwiches in the lunch boxes (under £1), making use of the paper plates and cups, then played pin the balloon on the dinosaur before I brought through a big batch of cupcakes and frosting I’d made up (total cost under £5 – you can get my frosting recipe here) and laid them out on the table with the toppers and sprinkles from Tiger Feet and some spare chocolates from the cupboard.
The kids had loads of fun decorating them any way they pleased, then we used the individual cupcake boxes and bags to package them up to take home.
We played a few impromptu rounds of ‘ladybird racing’ with the balloons to finish – a great way to burn off some sugar!
It was a brilliant day full of silly, messy fun and a great reminder for all of us that you don’t need an excuse to have a party. Do try it :)
Disclosure: Tigerfeet gave us a voucher for review.