JD and I spent this afternoon baking. The results? Vegan puff pastry savoury Catherine wheels, chocolate marshmallow fireworks, and a traditional Parkin ginger cake. Perfect campfire food.
This isn't exactly an original idea, but it's easy and we had fun with it.
- 300 g (10.58 oz) marshmallows vegetarian if required
- 200 g (7.05 oz) milk chocolate
- 3 tsp sprinkles vegetarian if required
- Grab 6 wooden skewers and push approximately 50g of marshmallows on to each one.
- Before adding the last marshmallow to each stick, cut off the pointy end of the stick so it'll be safe to eat later.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl placed over a pan of simmering water.
- Dip the marshmallow sticks into the chocolate or spoon it over until they're completely covered.
- Lay on lightly greased baking tray and sprinkle generously with the hundreds and thousands.
- Leave in the fridge for 30 minutes, or until they're completely set.
More chocolate treats
What are your favourite treats for the cold winter nights? Why not give these a try?
Get Your Kids to Eat Anything
My debut cookbook, Get Your Kids To Eat Anything is available now from all good bookshops!
It's so much more than a cookbook, it's a 5-Phase programme designed to take you through a meaningful, simple and sustainable journey to end fussy eating.
Since its release in March 2019, Get Your Kids To Eat Anything has been changing mealtimes in households across the country and has become an Amazon #1 best-seller.