JD and I spent this afternoon baking. The results? Vegan puff pastry savoury Catherine wheels, chocolate marshmallow fireworks, and a traditional Parkin ginger cake. Perfect campfire food.
This isn't exactly an original idea, but it's easy and we had fun with it.
- 300 g (10.58 oz) marshmallows vegetarian if required
- 200 g (7.05 oz) milk chocolate
- 3 tsp sprinkles vegetarian if required
- Grab 6 wooden skewers and push approximately 50g of marshmallows on to each one.
- Before adding the last marshmallow to each stick, cut off the pointy end of the stick so it'll be safe to eat later.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl placed over a pan of simmering water.
- Dip the marshmallow sticks into the chocolate or spoon it over until they're completely covered.
- Lay on lightly greased baking tray and sprinkle generously with the hundreds and thousands.
- Leave in the fridge for 30 minutes, or until they're completely set.
More chocolate treats
What are your favourite treats for the cold winter nights? Why not give these a try?