I’m full, but I want more – Mark
This is the perfect dish to whip up so you can skip dinner at the table and cuddle up on the sofa in front of a film.
It’s yummy, very satisfying and made up of:
- Baked chilli halloumi ‘chips’ – slice the chilli halloumi into fingers, bake on a lightly oiled tray at 180c for 10 minutes
- Roasted courgette and graffiti aubergines stacks – thinly slice the veg, toss in olive oil and bake on a tray at 180C for 15 minutes until soft, stack
- Lemon hummus – blitz 1 washed and drained can chickpeas, 3 cloves of garlic, 2-3 tbsp lemon juice, 3 tbsp olive oil and 1-2 tsp tahini, sprinkle with paprika
- Lemon couscous – cook plain couscous according to packet instructions, then add a slug of olive oil and a good squeeze of lemon
- Sundried tomatoes
- Pitta bread – slice into 1 inch widths
Of course, you could add olives, cucumber, tzatziki etc to the mix – this was just what we had in the cupboard / fridge at the time.
What makes your perfect mezze?