This is the perfect dish to whip up so you can skip dinner at the table and cuddle up on the sofa in front of a film.
It’s yummy, very satisfying and made up of:
- Baked chilli halloumi ‘chips’ – slice the chilli halloumi into fingers, bake on a lightly oiled tray at 180c for 10 minutes
- Roasted courgette and graffiti aubergines stacks – thinly slice the veg, toss in olive oil and bake on a tray at 180C for 15 minutes until soft, stack
- Lemon hummus – blitz 1 washed and drained can chickpeas, 3 cloves of garlic, 2-3 tbsp lemon juice, 3 tbsp olive oil and 1-2 tsp tahini, sprinkle with paprika
- Lemon couscous – cook plain couscous according to packet instructions, then add a slug of olive oil and a good squeeze of lemon
- Sundried tomatoes
- Pitta bread – slice into 1 inch widths
Of course, you could add olives, cucumber, tzatziki etc to the mix – this was just what we had in the cupboard / fridge at the time.
What makes your perfect mezze?
More halloumi recipes to try
Get Your Kids to Eat Anything
My debut cookbook, Get Your Kids To Eat Anything is available now from all good bookshops!
It’s so much more than a cookbook, it’s a 5-Phase programme designed to take you through a meaningful, simple and sustainable journey to end fussy eating.
Since its release in March 2019 Get Your Kids To Eat Anything has been changing mealtimes in households across the country and has become an Amazon #1 best-seller.