Waffles are always a great breakfast choice, but cinnamon waffles served up with caramelised apples and honey are a whole new level of OH MY, YES!
Here’s how to make four servings of cinnamon waffles.
Cinnamon waffles with caramelised apples
- 3 medium free range eggs
- 420 ml 1 & 3/4 cups whole milk
- 125 g 1/2 a cup melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 75 g 1/3 cup caster/superfine sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 300 g 2 & 3/4 cups self raising flour
- 2 crisp apples
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp runny honey plus more for the table
- A few spoons of thick cream to serve optional
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, whole milk, melted butter, vanilla and caster sugar together.
- In a second bowl, stir the flour and cinnamon together and make a well, then pour in the liquid from the other bowl, stirring until fully incorporated.
- Cook the waffles for 3-4 minutes each until golden brown.
- Peel and core the apples and slice into eight segments each.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat and fry the apples until golden, then add the honey and fry for a further 2 minutes until the apples are soft and the sauce thickened.
- To serve, slice the waffles into triangles, stack and top with some of the apples and sauce, plus extra honey and a spoonful of cream if desired.