Waffles are always a great breakfast choice, but cinnamon waffles served up with caramelised apples and honey are a whole new level of OH MY, YES!
Here’s how to make four servings of cinnamon waffles.
Cinnamon waffles with caramelised apples
- 3 medium free range eggs
- 420 ml whole milk
- 125 g 1/2 a cup melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 75 g 1/3 cup caster/superfine sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 300 g 2 & 3/4 cups self raising flour
- 2 crisp apples
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp runny honey plus more for the table
- A few spoons of thick cream to serve optional
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, whole milk, melted butter, vanilla and caster sugar together.
- In a second bowl, stir the flour and cinnamon together and make a well, then pour in the liquid from the other bowl, stirring until fully incorporated.
- Cook the waffles for 3-4 minutes each until golden brown.
- Peel and core the apples and slice into eight segments each.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat and fry the apples until golden, then add the honey and fry for a further 2 minutes until the apples are soft and the sauce thickened.
- To serve, slice the waffles into triangles, stack and top with some of the apples and sauce, plus extra honey and a spoonful of cream if desired.
More waffle recipes to try
Get Your Kids to Eat Anything
My debut cookbook, Get Your Kids To Eat Anything is available now from all good bookshops!
It’s so much more than a cookbook, it’s a 5-Phase programme designed to take you through a meaningful, simple and sustainable journey to end fussy eating.
Since its release in March 2019 Get Your Kids To Eat Anything has been changing mealtimes in households across the country and has become an Amazon #1 best-seller.