No, mummy, stop! You can’t really eat it! – JD, 4
We got creative this week and made Crafty Bolognese with peppers and tomato sauce. It’s JD’s favourite, but this version wasn’t for eating.
To make this rather tasty-looking dish we used:
- A paper plate
- Pasta twists mixed with PVA glue for the pasta
- Mini pasta bows mixed with PVA glue and red poster paint for the mince and tomato sauce
- Torn strips of green and yellow paper for the peppers (pressed on while the gluey paint was still wet)
- Buttons for the olives (fixed with PVA glue)
- Cut up kitchen roll tubes for the garlic bread (fixed with PVA glue)
JD was in charge of the whole operation from choosing the ingredients from his ‘doodle drawers’ to the mixing and sticking. My only job was to cut up the cardboard tube ‘because scissors are sharp’ and snap the pics as he went.
JD even took the final photo above with my camera – impressive, eh? It’s since set completely solid so we can hang it on the wall.