Ooh, I’ve had these before. I like them! – JD, 5
A quick, easy and yummy recipe for you today that’s packed with green veg.
I really don’t have time to spend hours in the kitchen during the working week – we wouldn’t eat til midnight! – so this meal is designed with minimal preparation and a lightning fast cooking time in mind.
Here’s what to do – feeds four.
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 medium courgette
- Bunch of asparagus
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 500g gnocci
- 50g salted butter
- 50g parmesan cheese (or a similar veggie alternative)
- Chop the top 10cm or so of the asparagus into 1cm pieces
- Peel the carrots, then slice very thinly – I used a cheese slice
- Slice the courgette very thinly
- Crush or finely chop the garlic
- Put the olive oil, carrots, courgette, asparagus and garlic into a large frying pan and fry over a medium heat for just a few minutes until beginning to soften, then turn the heat down to low
- Put the gnocci into boiling, salted water and cook for 2 minutes
- Drain the gnocci and stir into the veg with the butter and the black pepper
- When the butter has melted, it’s ready – the veg should have a little bit of bite
- Serve and top with freshly grated cheese