If you’re starting to hunt for good quality, wooden toys that will be easy to assemble and not too hard on your pocket this Christmas, you may want to take a look at the new Wooden Toys range at Asda.
There are 31 toys in the new George Home range and all come with simple instructions for easy assembly in under one hour, ethically sourced FSC wood and the George 100-day satisfaction guarantee.
We’ve been testing out this gorgeous pink and cream, butterfly themed Wooden Dolls’ House, £35 and Wooden Dolls House Furniture, £15.
Assembly was really simple indeed. For the most part, all the bits just slotted together and then, very cleverly, are held in place by the plant pots underneath each window. Only the magnet for the door, the apex of the roof and the final attaching of the room to the base required screws, meaning I was able to put the whole thing together in about 20 minutes.
With five rooms across three floors, these little dolls have plenty of space, all connected by two central staircases.The attention to detail is really impressive for such an affordable dolls house, with real shutters on the front windows, a working front door, and lots of pretty creeper and flower details all the way around the house.
The furniture is lovely too, with real removable drawers and enough pieces to begin to deck out the house.
If your little boy or girl is asking for a dolls house this Christmas, do check this one out. It’s just lovely.
Now, other highlights in the new George Home wooden toy range include:
- Wooden Fire station, £35 – a three floor fire station, with wooden helicopter, fire engine, two figures, fire engine, helicopter, wooden flames, fire hydrant, ladder, bell, fireman’s pole desk and chair.
- Wooden Kitchen, £40 – a kitchen complete with drawers, cupboards, clicking oven dials, cooking utensils and gingham curtains
- Wooden Pirate Ship, £25 – set sail on a pirate adventure with this sweet little ship with textile sales, anchor and two pirate figures.
- Wooden Pram, £25 – a great little accessory for any young fan of dolls.
- Wooden Castle, £30 – a cute, understated castle for a budding king, princess or knight, this set comes with wooden king and queen play figures.
- Wooden Work Bench, £30 – a work bench complete with tools to spark creativity.
- Car Transporter, £12 – a cute transporter with three colourful wooden cars.
- Wooden Cash Register, £10 – a sweet opportunity to enjoy pretend play and cement early numeracy skills with this set which includes play coins, card and notes.
It’s such a lovely range – I’m really, genuinely impressed. Which one would you pick for your littles ones?
We were sent the house and figures for review.