In a departure from my staple of veggie recipes, I decided to try out this lamb burger for Mark and JD – it’s a lovely summer meal, made from lean mince so it would probably cook well on the BBQ too.
Lamb and feta burger with salad and wedges
- 500 g lean lamb mince
- 100 g Feta cheese
- ¼ tsp ground paprika
- 3-4 tbsp flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1 garlic clove
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- ¼ tsp cumin powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 bread rolls
- 1 pack of potato wedges
- Mixed salad
- Put the mince, feta (crumbled), paprika, parsley (chopped), allspice, garlic (finely chopped), lemon zest, cumin and seasoning into a large bowl.
- Mix well until it all comes together.
- Split the mixture into four balls, place on a non-stick baking tray and press each one down slightly
- Cook under a medium grill for 8 minutes, turning once.
- Serve hot on crusty rolls, topped with a little salad, with a side of potato wedges or even this wedge salad.
This recipe is reproduced with permission from McCain’s Summer of Sharing website, which contains lots of recipes, party tips and games. McCain also provided the recipe ingredients.