I ate it all, mummy! – JD, 5
Gourmet Garden – makers of fresh herbs and spices in easy to use tube of paste – are on the hunt for a blogger to crown the UK and Ireland’s Best Blogger-come-Chef.
To get involved, all you have to do is register to be sent a package of Gourmet Garden goodies – you then use them to get creative with herbs and spices in an everyday meal and blog about how you did it.
A shortlist of bloggers will then be selected to attend a cook off at a London based venue, with the winning blogger being whisked off to Australia’s Sunshine Coast to attend the Gourmet Garden International Bloggers Conference in May 2013, including 5 nights accommodation and a professionally produced video of you cooking. You’ll also get a 12-month ambassador partnership with Gourmet Garden, valued at £3,000.
So, what recipe will you make to show off your brilliant food blogging skills? I felt inspired, so I made this super quick and simple penne al’arrabiata.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2-4 tsp Gourmet Garden chilli paste
- 2 tsp Gourmet Garden garlic paste
- 1 tsp Gourmet Garden basil paste
- 250g fresh penne pasta
- Put the oil, chilli, garlic and basil in a large frying pan and fry on high for 1 minute
- Add the tomatoes and turn down to a medium heat to simmer and thicken
- Boil the pasta for 6 minutes, then drain
- Add the pasta to the sauce and mix well
- Serve with a few shavings of (vegetarian) hard cheese such as parmesan
So that’s my super simple, super quick and super yummy recipe. Think you could do better? Don’t forget to register for your chance to become the UK and Ireland’s Best Blogger-come-Chef with Gourmet Garden.
Disclosure: this is a sponsored post. The recipe and opinions are my own.