Oh my word, this is amazing! – me
Today I have a wonderful curry to share with you. It’s sweet, creamy, hot and moreish. I could happily have eaten the whole pan full, but it will feed four-six less greedy people.
Here’s what to do – we strayed very little from the original recipe by The Boy and Me.
- 200g baby chanteray carrots
- 200g broccoli florets
- 200g sweet potato
- 225g pack of paneer
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp hot paprika
- 2 tsp hot chilli powder
- 2 tsp coriander
- 4 tbsp mango chutney
- 1 can coconut milk
- Enough basmati rice for 4 people
- Peel and cube the sweet potato, top the baby carrots, trim the broccoli and then par boil all the veg for 10 minutes
- In a bowl, mix together the olive oil, paprika, chilli powder and coriander
- Cube the paneer and marinade in the spice mix for 10-20 minutes
- Put the rice on to cook, as per the packet instructions
- Pour the paneer mixture into a hot, dry frying pan and cook on a medium heat until the paneer is brown and crispy on all sides.
- Add the par-boiled vegetables and lightly fry, then spoon in 2 tablespoons of mango chutney and simmer on a low heat
- Pour in half a can of coconut milk and reduce down – you’ll see the spices combine with the milk as it thickens
- Serve immediately with the rice
This is a wonderfully satisfying curry and I’m certain we’ll be making it many more times in future. It’s not low in fat but it’s packed with veg and very filling.
But what does The Boy and Me make of my efforts?
Looks brilliant and I’m so pleased you liked it. I love the blend of the sweet sauce with the cheese
So do I!
If you’d like to join in and submit a recipe for ‘A Mummy Too cooks with’, please read the details of how it works and then get in touch.