If you love hummus, you will go CRAZY for this!
Manuka honey roast vegetable hummus
For the roasted vegetables
- 5 cloves garlic (approx half a bulb)
- 1/2 courgette cut into 2-3 cm pieces
- 1/2 red pepper cut into 2-3 cm pieces
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch sea salt
To make the hummus
- 125 ml olive oil
- 1 tbsp manuka honey
- 1 lemon juice only
- 1-2 tsp smoked paprika
To roast the vegetables
- Crush the garlic cloves lightly but keep them in their skins.
- Put the garlic cloves, courgette and red pepper on a roasting tray with the sea salt and 2 tbsp olive oil. Mix to coat evenly.
- Roast at 200C (180C fan) for around 20-25 minutes the vegetables are softened and until just starting to scorch at the edges.
- Squeeze the garlic cloves out of their skins and into a food processor.
- Tip the rest of the roasted vegetables into the food processor.
To complete the hummus
- Add the honey, chickpeas and lemon juice to your food processor along with about 3/4 of the oil.
- Blitz until smooth, adding the remaining oil if you need to thin the texture a little.
I recommend serving with warmed, sliced pitta bread and lots of lovely crunch veg sticks. Store what you don’t want to use immediately in an airtight container in the fridge