If you love hummus, you will go CRAZY for this!
It’s rich, smoky, garlic-tinged, roasted veggie-laced, manuka honey-sweetened and utterly, utterly moreish.
I recommend serving with warmed, sliced pitta bread and lots of lovely crunch veg sticks. Store what you don’t want to use immediately in an airtight container in the fridge
Manuka honey roast vegetable hummus
For the roasted vegetables
- 5 cloves (8 cloves) garlic (approx half a bulb)
- 1/2 (1 ) courgette cut into 2-3 cm pieces
- 1/2 (1 ) red pepper cut into 2-3 cm pieces
- 1 (2 ) can chickpeas
- 1 tbsp (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 pinch sea salt
To make the hummus
- 125 ml olive oil
- 1 tbsp (2 tbsp) manuka honey
- 1 lemon juice only
- 1-2 tsp (2 tsp) smoked paprika
To roast the vegetables
- Crush the garlic cloves lightly but keep them in their skins.
- Put the garlic cloves, courgette and red pepper on a roasting tray with the sea salt and 2 tbsp olive oil. Mix to coat evenly.
- Roast at 200C (180C fan) for around 20-25 minutes the vegetables are softened and until just starting to scorch at the edges.
- Squeeze the garlic cloves out of their skins and into a food processor.
- Tip the rest of the roasted vegetables into the food processor.
To complete the hummus
- Add the honey, chickpeas and lemon juice to your food processor along with about 3/4 of the oil.
- Blitz until smooth, adding the remaining oil if you need to thin the texture a little.
Pin for later
More dip recipes to try
Get Your Kids to Eat Anything
My debut cookbook, Get Your Kids To Eat Anything is available now from all good bookshops!
It’s so much more than a cookbook, it’s a 5-Phase programme designed to take you through a meaningful, simple and sustainable journey to end fussy eating.
Since its release in March 2019 Get Your Kids To Eat Anything has been changing mealtimes in households across the country and has become an Amazon #1 best-seller.