I can’t deny the fact that you like me, right now, you like me! – Sally Field
I’d like to thank my husband, my kids, the blogosphere, my guinea pig…
Joking aside, I’m very happy to have been tagged for the ‘Liebster Blogging Award’ by three lovely, lovely bloggers: @More_than_a, @thtsthebabygame and @minibreakmummy. Thank you!
I’ve worked and blogged online for the past 10 years, but I’ve been a ‘mummy blogger’ for less than four months. In that short time I’ve found the parent blogging community to be one of the most supportive, inspiring and fun group of people I’ve ever been involved with. The Liebster Award is one of many ways to celebrate that.
So…I’ve thanked and linked back to the bloggers who nominated me (that’s Rules 1 and 2). And I’ve added the award badge to my sidebar (that’s Rule 3). Now for the fun bit. I have to nominate five new bloggers to receive the award…
Five great bloggers
There are, of course, more great parent bloggers out there than you can shake a very long, multipronged stick at, so here’s my pick of new or up-and-coming bloggers, many of whom you probably won’t have heard of yet:
- @MyCaterpillar – I’ve known this lady in her marketing guise for some time, but having recently had a baby girl, she has started up a lovely new blog. Her most recent post describes the birth of her daughter – it’s a rollercoaster of highs, lows and TWO HOURS of pushing. Ouch.
- @ChelseaMamma – I only recently found this blog, but I subscribed straight away. Kara has five children aged from six months to 18 years, yet still finds the time to publish drool-worthy recipes like Christmas Tree Cupcakes and Bailey’s Cheesecake. Yum.
- @KyNaBoutique – Bit of a wildcard here. KyNaBoutique is an online children’s clothing store and I’m nominating the blog attached to it. Jenny is passionate about her business and it comes across in her writing. Check out What to buy for a baby shower. Handy stuff.
- @MummyandBoo – Rosie and I live in the same city but we’ve never met. This must be rectified, but in the meantime I’m enjoying reading her brand new blog. I particularly like how integral Boo is to every story. Read about the dynamic duo’s adventures in Bye Bye wonkey trolley wheels. Bless.
- @AnneeApple – I discovered Annee’s blog yesterday and I love it. Posts are written in a lovely diary style and make me want to go out and try the activities she describes. Check out Book Bug! for example, complete with SUPER cute baby pic. Awww.