It’s quite healthy looking – JD, 5
Despite my obvious love of cooking, I’m not always in the mood to cook up a storm. Some days, I just want to sit down and chill out but there’s a family meal to prepare and washing up to be done and felt tip to scrub off the doors.
This family recipe is for those days – it all cooks in one pot and contains carbs, protein and plenty of veg, so you don’t even have to feel guilty as you get put your feet up or spend time with the kids.
Here’s what to do to feed four…
- 4 carrots
- 400g pasta
- 8 small or 4 large broccoli florets
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 8 Tivali vegetarian hotdogs
- 100g grated cheese
- Put a big pan of boiling water over a high heat
- Peel and dice the carrots and chuck them in with the pasta and the stock cube
- After 5 minutes, chuck in your frozen broccoli florets and put the lid on til it comes back up the boil
- After about 3 more minutes, rinse the hotdogs under a running tap (they’re oiled) then chop into quarters and chuck into the pan
- After 3 minutes, check that everything’s cooked, then drain
- Serve topped with grated cheese
And that’s it! The only complication is making sure you put the veggies in at the right time so that they don’t go soggy.