Princes Fruit is currently running a campaign ‘Rethink Mornings’ campaign, calling on UK families to ‘rethink their morning’ by using canned fruit at breakfast time.
My contribution is these fabulously quick, easy and convenient wheat biscuit cereal soaked overnight in vanilla, honey and milk. Then it takes just 30 seconds in the morning to top with Princes Cans of Fruit in Juice – no peeling or chopping required, and a really simple, affordable way to get one of your five-a-day.
Here’s how to make this really simple and royally good breakfast – overnight wheat and fruit pots.
- 2 wheat biscuits
- 1tsp vanilla paste
- 1tsp honey
- You choice of fruit and toppings – in this case:
- Princes Peach Slices in Juice
- Flaked almonds
Put two wheat biscuits in a jar.
Cover with milk and add 1tsp vanilla and 1 tsp honey.
Give it a good stir, close the lid and refrigerate over night. In the morning top with peaches.
And finish with a sprinkle of flaked almonds.
For alternative delicious overnight wheat and fruit pots, top instead with:
- Princes Pineapple Chunks in Juice, a drizzle of honey, and a sprinkle of poppy seeds; or
- Princes Mandarin Segments in Juice, a dollop of creme fraiche and a pinch of cinnamon.
How will you top yours?
Here’s that overnight wheat and fruit pot recipe again in a printable format:
Overnight wheat and fruit pots, three ways
- 2 wheat biscuits
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1 tsp honey
For the topping:
- Princes peach slices in juice
- flaked almonds
- Put two wheat biscuits in a jar.
- Cover with milk and add 1tsp vanilla and 1 tsp honey.
- Give it a good stir, close the lid and refrigerate over night. In the morning top with peaches.
- And finish with a sprinkle of flaked almonds.
This is a commissioned post for Princes
More breakfasts with fruit to try
Get Your Kids to Eat Anything
My debut cookbook, Get Your Kids To Eat Anything is available now from all good bookshops!
It’s so much more than a cookbook, it’s a 5-Phase programme designed to take you through a meaningful, simple and sustainable journey to end fussy eating.
Since its release in March 2019 Get Your Kids To Eat Anything has been changing mealtimes in households across the country and has become an Amazon #1 best-seller.