Pizza style puff pastry slice - a recipe for a quick, satisfying lunch
A super easy to make pizza with a simple homemade sauce that can be on the table in under half an hour.
For the tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 200g (7 oz) tinned tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
For the base
- 100g (3.5 oz) cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 thin slices of cooked ham (or veggie alternative), torn into strips
To make the tomato sauce
- Preheat the oven to 200C/390F (180C/355F fan). In a pan, warm the olive oil over a medium heat and fry the onion and garlic gently until soft.
- Add the tomatoes and oregano, then simmer until it reduces by half. It should take about 10 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
To prepare the base
- Meanwhile, unroll the puff pastry - trim if necessary so that it will fit on your baking tray.
- Lay the pastry in the tray and prick with a fork to stop it from puffing up, then cook for 5 minutes until it feels slightly dry.
- Take the pastry out of the oven and spread with the tomato sauce you made earlier over the pastry base, leaving a 2cm border clear all round
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the pizza, followed by ham. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden around the edges
- Chop into six squares and serve with plenty of fresh salad.
Recipe by A Mummy Too at https://www.amummytoo.co.uk/pizza-style-puff-pastry-slice-a-recipe-for-a-quick-satisfying-lunch/