It’s a pie…with no top? – JD, 5
Phew, what a weekend. Poor Miss J spiked a fever of 104. She’s battling on, but it’s been tough, so when she’s sleeping and in between dealing with my own health issues, I’ve been comfort cooking – it’s what I do!
Here’s a recipe that’s fun to make and – so says my husband, Mark – delicious to eat. He says the tomatoes and salami really come through in this dish and that it’s ‘bursting with flavour’. Success, then!
Here’s what to do:
- 200g plain flour
- 100g butter
- 2-3 tbsp water
- 1 large red pepper
- 30g salami slices
- 50g sun-dried tomatoes (the herby, dried type, not the drowned in oil type)
- 4 medium free range eggs
- 300ml of whole milk
- 1/4 tsp dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 45g mature cheese, grated
- 9 inch, loose bottomed quiche tin
- Put the flour and butter into the food processor.
- Add the water and pulse until it comes together in a dough
- Roll into a ball, wrap in cling film and chill in the fridge for 15 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 200C (180C fan assisted)
- Roll out the pastry and line the quiche tin. Here’s a how to guide here with the perfect method for getting pastry into the tin.
- De-seed the pepper, dice in 1cm pieces and add to the pastry case
- Chop the tomatoes and salami into 1cm pieces and add to the case
- Whisk the eggs, milk, dijon and cheese together, then pour into the case (if it’s really full, just pour in 3/4 of the liquid and take the tin to the oven, then pour in the remaining mix when it’s on the shelf)
- Cook in oven for 30-40 min
Fancy giving it a go? Let me know if you do.
Add your #recipeoftheweek
Do you have a recipe to share? Here’s the place you can do it! Pick one from the past week, or any time at all. Meaty, vegan, fatty, low-calorie – all recipes are welcome, just as long as you haven’t linked them up to #recipeoftheweek before.
You share the goods, then I generally go round reading, commenting, Stumbling, Pinning and drooling over everyone’s entries. It’s that simple. So just link up below and let’s share the love.
- Link up your post using the Linky tool below
- Add the “Recipe of the Week” badge to your post so that readers can find other great recipes.
- Take a little time to read and comment on each other’s recipes.
- Come back next Saturday and we’ll do it all over again.
<div align="center"><a href="https://www.amummytoo.co.uk/2013/06/red-pepper-sun-dried-tomato-salami-quiche" target="_blank" rel="nofollow"><img alt="Link up your recipe of the week" src="https://www.amummytoo.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/recipe-of-the-week.png" /></a></div>