Do a toffee apple sale – JD, 6
How do you fancy winning a set of six Gruffalo cuddly toys, including the Gruffalo himself?
Scottish Friendly, a Mutual Society owned by their members rather than by shareholders, is asking its followers on Facebook to share their money saving tips from our customer. Scottish Friendly is keen to support savings and investments for families, so they want to known your best ideas for saving money as a family.
How to enter
To get involved, visit the Scottish Friendly Facebook Page, hit ‘Like’, then post your best family money saving tips on their wall, being sure to include the hashtag #ThriftyFamily. You can also visit the Scottish Friendly website for all the details and the full terms and conditions.
I’ve been digging through my favourite money saving tips and came up with these five:
- When shopping on the high street, whip out your smart phone and search for the product you’re interested in – you may find that you’re looking at the best deal, but you can often make huge savings by shopping around.
- If buying online, always search for voucher codes or special offers from your chosen seller – there are often savings to be had!
- Regularly review your utilities to make sure you’re getting the best deal. Comparison sites can usually tell you if you could reduce costs by switching providers.
- Cancel subscriptions you don’t use. By ditching anything that you don’t regularly use like gym membership or movie subscriptions, you could save hundreds per year.
- Cut out coupons and use them wherever you can. I met a 16 year old recently who got all the ingredients for his family’s Christmas dinner for 10p. With the right vouchers, it can be done!
I hope that’s got you thinking. You’ve got until 2nd December to post your tips to the Scottish Friendly Facebook Page. You are allowed to post a new tip every day, so get your thinking cap on!
This is a commissioned post for Scottish Friendly. Prize image via Scottish Friendly.