Make breakfast a little different with these summer fruit and yoghurt topped crumpets. They’re pretty healthy too – a perfect breakfast treat.
Summer fruit and yoghurt topped crumpets
- 50 g 2 oz blueberries
- 50 g 2 oz raspberries
- 150 g 5 oz strawberries, halved (or quartered if large)
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 4 crumpets
- 4 tbsp natural yoghurt
- 4 tbsp runny honey
- Put the fruit in a pan with the orange juice and sugar
- Bring to the boil then simmer for a few minutes until the raspberries fall apart
- Toast the crumpets well (resist the urge to smother in butter)
- Put a large spoonful of the fruit mix over each crumpet
- Top with a 1 tbsp dollop of natural yoghurt per crumpet
- Finish with a 1tbsp drizzle of runny honey per crumpet
- Eat immediately!
This recipe is by Warburtons, reproduced with permission a couple of tweaks.
More toasted breakfast recipes to try
Get Your Kids to Eat Anything
My debut cookbook, Get Your Kids To Eat Anything is available now from all good bookshops!
It’s so much more than a cookbook, it’s a 5-Phase programme designed to take you through a meaningful, simple and sustainable journey to end fussy eating.
Since its release in March 2019 Get Your Kids To Eat Anything has been changing mealtimes in households across the country and has become an Amazon #1 best-seller.