Make breakfast a little different with these summer fruit and yoghurt topped crumpets. They’re pretty healthy too – a perfect breakfast treat.
Summer fruit and yoghurt topped crumpets
- 50 g 2 oz blueberries
- 50 g 2 oz raspberries
- 150 g 5 oz strawberries, halved (or quartered if large)
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 4 crumpets
- 4 tbsp natural yoghurt
- 4 tbsp runny honey
- Put the fruit in a pan with the orange juice and sugar
- Bring to the boil then simmer for a few minutes until the raspberries fall apart
- Toast the crumpets well (resist the urge to smother in butter)
- Put a large spoonful of the fruit mix over each crumpet
- Top with a 1 tbsp dollop of natural yoghurt per crumpet
- Finish with a 1tbsp drizzle of runny honey per crumpet
- Eat immediately!
This recipe is by Warburtons, reproduced with permission a couple of tweaks.