I think you’ll like these little sour dough breads. They’re topped with a lovely vegetarian pesto, sweet tomato chutney, fresh tomatoes, creamy Leerdammer swiss cheese, rocket, and walnuts.
The recipe makes 16 breads – just right for an informal gathering.
Swiss cheese and chutney bites
Sour dough breads, topped with rich pesto, tangy chutney, fresh tomatoes, creamy swiss cheese, peppery rocket, and crunchy walnuts.
- Small sour dough loaf
- 12 tbsp vegetarian pesto
- 4 vine tomatoes
- Handful of walnut halves
- 8 slices swiss cheese (I used Leerdammer, which comes pre-sliced)
- 4 tbsp tomato chutney
- A few sprigs of rocket (arugula)
- Cut 16 diagonal slice of sour sough loaf, about half an inch thick.
- Spread roughly half to three quarters of a tablespoon of pesto on each bread.
- Thinly slice the tomatoes and place on top.
- Roll the swiss cheese slices and cut in half, place on top of the breads.
- Top some with a teaspoon of chutney and a spring of rocket.
- Top the others with a walnut half.
Courses Burgers and sandwiches
All this week, I’m using Leerdammer cheese to create a series of delicious, easy to prepare sandwiches. Come back tomorrow for more ideas!
This is a commissioned post for Leerdammer