The fan came on by itself! – JD, 6
Ooooooh, look a fan with no blades. It’s witchcraft, I tell you! Ok it’s not, it’s Dyson technology, which is similar but ever so slightly different.
Ahem, but seriously, this is a rather ingenious invention which apparently works like this:
- Air is drawn in by an energy-efficient, brushless motor.
- It is accelerated through an annular aperture, passing over an airfoil-shaped ramp, which draws in further air and channels its direction.
- As the air accelerates through the loop amplifier surrounding air is also drawn in.
- This creates and projects powerful, smooth, high velocity airflow.
- This is a combination of the technologies used in turbochargers and jet engines.
Or, for a less technical appraisal, check this out:
Disclosure: we were sent the fan for review.