This spicy Thai noodle soup is packed with crunchy fresh veg and oodles of flavour, yet it weighs in at only about 150 calories!
How? The secret is the new noodle box range from SlimFast, which is designed to offer a low calorie, yet delicious and filling snack. There are three flavours currently available: Chicken Tikka Masala (81 calories), Spaghetti Bolognaise (76 calories) and the vegetarian option, Spicy Thai Noodles (70 calories), which I’ve used in today’s recipe.
SlimTaki® Noodles are made from konjac flour. Konjac is an Asian vegetable, the root of which is turned into a flour that is starch-like, yet contains virtually no calories and zero fat and sugar.
Ultra low calorie, veg packed Thai noodle soup
- 1 Spicy Thai SlimFast Noodle Box
- 4 or five florets of tenderstem broccoli aka broccolini, trimmed
- 1/3 of a green pepper deseeded and sliced
- 1/3 of a red pepper deseeded and sliced
- 1/3 of a yellow pepper deseeded and sliced
- Small handful beansprouts
- A few fresh basil leaves
- Chilli flakes optional
- Cooking spray
- Tip - wash and prep your veggies first so that you can cook everything quickly.
- Spray a non-stick pan with cooking oil and place over a medium heat.
- Add the peppers and bean sprouts and fry for about 3 minutes until just cooked.
- Meanwhile, boil the broccoli for 3 minutes then drain.
- Cook the noodles according to the pack instructions, tip into a large bowl and stir in about 150ml of water.
- Add the broccoli, beansprouts and peppers and stir through.
- Top with a few leaves of basil and the chilli flakes, if using, and serve.
Recipe NotesKonjac contains a soluble fibre called glucomannan, which can contribute to weight loss as part of calorie controlled diet.It's important to drink 1-2 glasses of water before consuming konjac.
If you’d like to try this out for yourself, you’ll find SlimFast Noodle Boxes stocked in all major supermarkets, priced from £3.29.
This is a commissioned post for SlimFast