Guess the secret ingredient – me
A little while back, Heinz sent us a bottle of ketchup and some other goodies and challenged us to come up with a children friendly recipe.
Here’s one that went down well, feeds four and requires pretty much zero cookery skills.
- 300g pasta twists
- 1 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 2 red peppers
- 1 tbsp Heinz Tomato Ketchup
- Boil the pasta as per the instructions on the packet
- De-seed and roughly dice the pepper
- Fry in a pan with the oil until soft
- Add the tomatoes to the pan and bring to the boil, then simmer until the sauce starts to thicken
- Add the ketchup and stir
- Mix the pasta with the sauce
No, not exactly posh food, but it’s easy and the sweetness of the ketchup makes it popular with kids.
Disclosure: we received some ketchup, a spoon, oven gloves and an apron to help with this challenge. No payment was received and all posts are 100% honest.