This scrummy cinnamon toast recipe serves two and makes for a pretty healthy breakfast as there’s only a smidge of fat and a dusting of sugar.
Wholegrain cinnamon toast with fresh summer fruits
- 2 slices of wholegrain bread
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp of semi-skimmed milk or soya milk
- 2 tsp of icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of sunflower oil
- 1 tsp knob of butter
- Whisk together the egg and milk
- Cut the bread diagonally into quarters
- Heat the oil and butter in a frying pan
- Dip the bread in the egg mix and put straight into the pan
- Fry until speckled brown on both sides
- Turn onto kitchen paper
- Mix together the icing sugar and cinnamon and dust over the toast
- Serve with fresh fruits and a glass of orange juice
Recipe provided by Warburtons and reproduced with permission, with tweaks by me.
More breakfast recipes to try
Get Your Kids to Eat Anything
My debut cookbook, Get Your Kids To Eat Anything is available now from all good bookshops!
It’s so much more than a cookbook, it’s a 5-Phase programme designed to take you through a meaningful, simple and sustainable journey to end fussy eating.
Since its release in March 2019 Get Your Kids To Eat Anything has been changing mealtimes in households across the country and has become an Amazon #1 best-seller.