It worked! – JD, 6
How would you like to win possibly the coolest airport in the entire world?
Just whip up a batch of sugar cookie dough, roll it out with the rolling pin, cut out your shapes, bake and voila! DINOSAUR COOKIES!
Kids will go mad for them – grown ups will too. We made some at the weekend and it was so easy and so much fun. The maker, Zuza Kozerska of Valek Rolling Pins uses a laser to cut the pins with absolute precision to give a perfect imprint every time. You can read more about how she makes them here.
To enter to win one of these incredibly special rolling pins for yourself, simply follow @amummytoo and RT this tweet:
— Emily Leary (@AMummyToo) May 18, 2014
Dinosaur cookie recipe
Here’s the recipe for the dough we found worked really well and kept the imprints nicely once baked.
- 110g slightly salted butter, cold and cubed
- 250g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 medium free range egg, beaten
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180C fan assisted
- Put all of the dry ingredients into a food processor with the butter and pulse until you have an even crumb
- Add the egg and vanilla and pulse again until it comes together in a dough
- Roll out on a floured surface to about 1/2cm thick
- Dust the dinosaur rolling pin with flour, then roll gently to imprint
- Gut out any shapes you like with a cookie cutter
- Grease and lightly flour a baking sheet
- Place the cookies on the tray, 1 inch apart and bake for 5-7 minutes, until the edges just begin to turn brown
- Cool on wire rack
I hope you’re keen to try these. Don’t forget to enter for your chance to win.
Disclosure: we were sent a rolling pin for review. Giveaway terms: UK entrants only. 18+. 1 entry per person. 1 prize. 1 winner receiving 1 dinosaur rolling pin. Giveaway not associated with Twitter. No cash alternative. You must follow @amummytoo and RT this giveaway tweet (http://twitter.com/AMummyToo/status/468078480211857410) to enter. Giveaway closes immediately upon twitter.com/amummytoo reaching 13k follower. Winner chosen at random using random.org from valid entries. Winner will be informed by DM. If prize isn’t claimed within 1 week a new winner may be chosen. A Mummy Too’s decision is final.