It’s SO COLD outside! Some days the school run is quite bearable, other days we’re battling forwards through horizontal rain, not actually able to see where we’re going and praying the next passing car doesn’t soak us head to foot. Lovely.
When we get in from these feats of endurance, we need a quick, delicious soup to warm us back up. This recipe is packed with vitamins and takes minutes to prepare.
Here’s how to make this yummy soup. You should get enough for two huge or four small bowls.
- 225g of carrot
- 225g swede (note: you could cheat and buy one of those ready to microwave packs of veg, saving yourself loads of time)
- 500ml a2 Whole Cows’ Milk
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 50g almond flakes
- Toast the flaked almonds my shaking them in a dry pan over a medium-high heat until they just start to colour, then set aside on a plate to cool
- Peel, roughly chop and boil the veg until tender or, if you’ve bought the microwave type, cook according to the pack instructions.
- Drain as needed and tip the veg into the food processor, along with the a2 Milk and stock cube
- Blitz on the highest setting for 2-3 minutes until really nice and smooth
- Tip back into your pan and heat through, then serve with a sprinkle of your toasted almonds
As mentioned, I used a2 Milk in our soup. Find out more on the a2 Milk website.
If you’d like to pick up a bottle for yourself, you can buy 2ltr bottles of a2 Milk from Ocado, Waitrose and Morrisons. Alternatively, a2 Milk have just started stocking 1ltr bottles in Sainsbury’s stores – perfect if you’d like to start slow with a splash of a2 Milk in your coffee.
This is a commissioned recipe for a2